We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-erected tent camping

Farnborough, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Pre-erected tent camping

Me and my partner are looking for a cheap but interesting holiday and have had Croatia suggested to us by many people. Due to budget constraints, we are thinking about camping to save money, and we both enjoy it. My partner quite likes nice relaxing holidays, so a pool and beach nearby would be good.. I like visit museums and historic sites and going on nice walks, so being near a city would also be good, as is proximity to an airport as neither of us drives. Any suggestions as to places that have pre-erected tents and fulfils most of the criteria would be greatly appreciated

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-erected tent camping

I have noticed that most campsites are not near cities, so you may wish to reconsider. Croatia has a wealth of budget accommodations because private apartment and room rentals are the norm.

See http://www.camping.hr/ for more information.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-erected tent camping

I think you will find, especially if you are coming outside of July and August that apartments and room rentals can be very economical and competitive even with campsites. Pre-erected tents are not common as far as I am aware, with mobile homes and bungalows being more usual on sites, which you may find are no different in price to the cost of an apartment in a town. (Mobile homes being for more than two people, are definitely more expensive). As said, most campsites are not near cities, or in the case of those outside of Porec and Rovinj, you will have perhaps two buses a day, and if you opt for one of the many on Istria's coast for instance you will need to transfer from Pula airport anyway. Decide what area of Croatia most appeals to you and then think about the available accomodation options. Croatia is very budget friendly, but if you want to explore and get about seeing sights, being on a campsite without a car is generally not ideal.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 22:47
3. Re: Pre-erected tent camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:18