Myself and my husband will arrive at Dubrovnik airport at midday Sun 25th May and depart from same at midday Mon 2nd June. We have hired a car for the full 9 days (it was cheap and suits us best for health reasons). So transport is sorted. I also have a hotel in mind for our time in Dubrovnik.
What I am trying to figure out is where to spend our time. We want a relaxing holiday, we'll both be in need of some down time, but we would like to spend a couple of days/nights on one of the islands (I think one island is going to be enough for us, we really dont want to be moving around too much). While in Dubrovnik we might do some day trips, using the car to head to Montenegro possibly for a day etc. So overall our thoughts are to first spend a few days on 1 island (Hvar was recommended as beautiful to us) then come back down to Dubrovnik to relax in a nice hotel and go on a day trip or two while there. To do the island first and then back to Dubrovnik i think is best as it minimises checking in and out of too many accommodations, rushing to airport from further away than Dubrovnik for our flight home etc.
Here are my questions;
1. Is it feasible to get from Dubrovnik airport to Hvar on the day of our arrival?
2. Is it best to get the ferry from Drvenik or from Split to Hvar?
3. How many full days/nights in Hvar is enough considering if it is feasible to there on the day of our arrival it'll would, I assume, be evening time when we get there?
4. If the weather turned out to be mediocre (we're aware at the end of May it might not be that hot, which suits us fine) would we be bored with too many days in Hvar?
5. Should we be looking at going to a different island instead of Hvar?
As I said above we want relaxing holiday, but a bit of driving doesn't bother us.
We're not big on museums or overly strenuous hiking. We love beautiful scenery & architecture, good food & wine and relaxing watching the world go by. A nice day at the beach is good but if the weather didnt permit it wouldn't be the end of the world for us.
All help is really appreciated.