We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

Just heard on the TV, the coastal ferry Rijeka-Split-Stari Grad-Korčula-Dubrovnik and back will start on 1st of June acc . to the old timetable twice a week!!!!!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

It is good news. Do you know which named ferry it will be?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,989 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

That is good news and I was hoping that would be the case...we will not use it this summer but its good that it is running again.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

"Liburnija" I suppose,the same as the last several years.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,467 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

This is fantastic news! Thank you for sharing this.

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

...and that's not all!

Jadolinija entered in big way into mocroprocessed computing world by following the brand new trend called internet.It is possible to book&buy tickets for local speedboat/ferry lines from the comfort of your almost foreclosured home.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,989 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

Kefa...does that mean all ferries run by Jadrolinija?

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

On the Jadrolinija site now you can buy tickets for catamaran lines, but still not for car ferries.

So all people who instructed on this forum to stand in a lines for tickets in the morning could be unpleasantly supprised: Tickets will be already sold out online.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,989 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

Yes I went to the website too and thats what I saw too.....not sure that is a good thing....get there early and no tickets....I was wondering how that would ever work for local ferries...queue your car and wait for the ferry and someone arrives who already had a ticket bought online? How could that possible work?

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

Yes,yes,my bag.It's local catamarans (and international car ferry lines)

After transition period friction folks will get used to it.Same people who wait in line for catamaran tickets will be as surprised as those people at the (low cost) airline counter.Or the bus station.Or car rental agency.What' s the big deal?

Barry,in today's world - nothing is impossible.(Kim Kardashian has driving license).Buying online tickets for all ferries could (should) work.In theory.With 2 embarking lines.One for pre-booked vehicles/emergency services other line for less fortunate ones.If there are vacant spots - fill it with queue from the line 2.Many will pay a bit extra (let alone online reduced price) for a privilege to drive straight to the deck.Actually,online way should be the only way.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,989 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breaking news-Coastal Ferry will be running!!

Ok I can see two lines...but some areas are so small for just one line let alone two....but I suppose it will work out....actually I agree it would be nice to get tickets online and just show up and not have to get out of the car to the ticket booth and back to the car, etc.