We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

Hello!

I am hoping to stay in Vis for a few nights, then move on to Dubrovnik.

I know there are no official ferry lines connecting Vis to Dubrovnik or Korcula, but I am really interested in visiting Vis before heading south. I am trying to avoid going from Vis --> Split --> Dubrovnik because it seems like a day wasted.

Is there any tour company that operates day trips between Vis and Korcula, in which case I could just take the tour "one way" between Vis and Korcula, and then take a bus or ferry from Korcula to Dubrovnik?

Holding thumbs there is some solution that I haven't been able to find yet!

Durham
Level Contributor
4,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

You'll have to go via Split. Even if it were possible to go from Vis to Korcula apart from by a ruinously expensive water taxi it would not cut the journey time to Dubrovnik by much.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

Alas. Is there a lot of traffic on the road from Split to Dubrovnik? Would probably hire a car instead of taking a bus because the boat from Vis to Split gets in quite early.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,619 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

Car hire is a good idea if you plan to stop along the way...if not then just take the bus. We always have a car but the worst thing about the car is that the driver misses out on all the awesome views! And yes there is quite a bit of traffic along the road and therefore you can't go very fast which is actually a good thing.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

Is there not a ferry from Split to Dubrovnik?

Durham
Level Contributor
4,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

Yes, but it's only twice a week June-September and takes more than twice as long as the bus. As Barry says, the bus is probably the best option if you do not want to visit places en route.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,619 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

Yes twice per week is the ferry but the bus would be much quicker than the ferry.

7. Re: Any way from Vis to Dubrovnik (via Korcula)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:16