We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik to Hvar

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Dubrovnik to Hvar

Is it possible to get to Hvar from Dubrovnik in one day on a Sunday in July?

Ston, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

This article dalje.com/en-croatia/…506216 indicates that the Dubrovnik-Rijeka ferry is going to run this year from 1st June to 30th September, but only twice a week, going north on Thursday and Sunday. It also stops in Split, Hvar, Stari Grad, Korcula and Mljet.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

You can also get the bus to Split then Catamaran or ferry.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,182 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

If you can time it the bus to Split and then catamaran might be quicker than the ferry?

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

The Split-Hvar catamaran ticket is only available on day of travel, and in July people line up at 6 am so unless you travel overnight by bus there is no way in my mind. The next step is more certain, Dubrovnik to Split then cross the street to the large car ferry which never sells out for pedestrians, ferry to StariGrad Hvar town is then reachable by local bus total travel time Split port to Hvar town is about 3 hours!

Rijeka, Croatia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

A short correction to Peter's response. You can buy now catamaran ticket online. There will also be from mid June two Jadrolinija catamarans operating from Split to Hvar in the morning. But if the days fit you (leaving Dubrovnik on Thursday and Sunday morning), I would always recommend Liburnija ferry for the best experience of the journey to reach the island of Hvar.

Rijeka, Croatia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

A short correction to Peter's response. You can buy now catamaran ticket online. There will also be from mid June two Jadrolinija catamarans operating from Split to Hvar in the morning. But if the days fit you (leaving Dubrovnik on Thursday and Sunday morning), I would always recommend Liburnija ferry for the best experience of the journey to reach the island of Hvar.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

Thanks for that news Ajan.K, I have not heard of this have you tried it, or its just in the future plans of the ferry company. As you know the famous saying "This is Croatia" and nothing is written in stone!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

Just a bit of follow up..I went onto the Jadrolinjia web site..it right now only shows May sailings, then tried to book a return catamaran trip on 2 dates in May..after 15 minutes I gave up as the system would only allow 1 direction bookings, then about 20 questions before payment choice..Unfortunately the system is not on par with the 21 st century, honestly it never was!

manchester
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

We got the ferry down from hvar to Dubrovnik, was 9 hours but was a lovely relaxing day. It goes right down the coast so you felt like you were seeing Croatia rather than being stuck on a bus. I'd definitely recommend it!

10. Re: Dubrovnik to Hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:16