We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Croatia

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Croatia

Hi

Myself and partner will fly in and out of Dubrovnik in August for 2 August. Could anyone suggest a itinerary for these 2 weeks including some popular islands to go and see. Also budget accommodation and areas that are good to stay in but easily accessible to the towns. We also enjoy cycling.

Thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Croatia

August, Dubrovnik and budget are three words that do not really go together. Also the weather is likely to be too hot for a lot of cycling. Some islands near Dubrovnik - Lopud, Mljet, Korcula. A bit further away Hvar, Brac, Lastovo. Apartments are likely to be better value than hotels.

Split, Croatia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Croatia

www.hepi.hr/book.php…

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,522 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Croatia

I agree that Dubrovnik is not the place in August for people on a budget. I like the suggestions of Mljet, Lopud and Korcula though....and I will add Vis to what apt22 said.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in Croatia

Also, include area north of Split as that is less known and less expensive in general

Sibenik, Croatia
Level Contributor
73 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks in Croatia

You're right north of Split is Šibenik region. Accommodation are cheaper and also restaurants. we have two national parks Krka and Kornati.Šibenik area also have 300 islands and 16 medieval fortresses, but only the lucky ones know about it.

Split...
Level Contributor
117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks in Croatia

Split is most beautiful town... If you stay 2 weeks you must come to Split

if you decide to come in Split you can contact me for cheap center accommodation

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks in Croatia

Thank you for all of your replys.

8. Re: 2 weeks in Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:17