We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia 2 week itinerary HELP!

Seoul, South Korea
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Croatia 2 week itinerary HELP!

Hi all,

I've been poring over websites and forums for weeks and I think I have a rough itinerary planned out for my trip to Croatia (first time) in August. We will be arriving the night of the 1st and departing the afternoon of the 16th. So, we really only have the 2nd-15th and we are mostly looking to island-hop but we also wanted to make sure to make it to Plitvice and also a day trip to Mostar. Looking for advice!

August 1st - Arrive Zagreb (9:30pm)

August 2nd - Day trip to Plitvice

August 3rd - Day in Zagreb

August 4th - Fly from Zagreb to Split, ferry from Split to Vis (Komiza)

August 5th - Vis (Blue Grotto, Green Cave, Stiniva if possible)

August 6th - Ferry from Vis to Split, Diocletian's Palace

August 7th - Split Old Town, ferry from Split to Bol

August 8th - Zlatni Rat Beach (Golden Horn), ferry from Bol to Jelsa - Hilltop Spanjola Fortressa

August 9th - Hvar ‘Old Town’

August 10th - Hvar Stari Grad Lavender Fields, ferry to Korcula

August 11th - Korcula Old Town, ferry to Dubrovnik - Old City

August 12th - Dubrovnik - City Walls, cable car

August 13th - Dubrovnik - Old City

August 14th - Overnight trip to Mostar

August 15th - Mostar back to Dubrovnik, fly from Dubrovnik to Zagreb

August 16th - Zagreb back to Seoul

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,481 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia 2 week itinerary HELP!

My first thought is maybe cutting out one island and I would say skip Brac and spend an extra night in Korcula!

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia 2 week itinerary HELP!

Seems like a tiring schedule to me. I would prefer fewer places and a chance to relax more on one of the islands perhaps....

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,481 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia 2 week itinerary HELP!

I do agree that it is too much....but it is difficult to cut nice places out! I still say cut out Brac and it might even be better to just have two island instead of four?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia 2 week itinerary HELP!

I went last year and Bol was my favourite place - quite a different feel to the rest of the places we went to. Difficult to say which ones to miss. Have you thought about perhaps flying to Split and going from there to the islands and missing out Zagreb? Krka National Park is also very accessible from Split.

Not to add any more but I would also recommend Trogir - its beautiful.

5. Re: Croatia 2 week itinerary HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:16