We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opatija or Rovinj?

Prairie Village...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Opatija or Rovinj?

Looking for your opinions on which coastal town to stay for 2 nights. We will be coming from Plitvice. Both towns look amazing. Our interests include everything but museums and we have rented a car if that helps!

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opatija or Rovinj?

To my mind Rovinj beats Opatija hands down, but others will have their opinions.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opatija or Rovinj?

I agree, I would also prefer Rovinj, nice old village. Opatija is "newer", like 1900

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
48,732 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opatija or Rovinj?

Another vote for Rovinj even though it's further away.

Prairie Village...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opatija or Rovinj?

Thank you for all your input! Rovinj it is! We are going to stop off at the orphan bear sanctuary on the way….any of you been there?

5. Re: Opatija or Rovinj?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:16