We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Croatia

north carolina
Level Contributor
389 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Flying into Croatia

We are planning to fly to Croatia at the end of Dec this year. Holiday trip for the family.

I have read that Dubrovnik is pretty much closed at that time of the year. :(

I love the look of Rovinj, I was wondering about airports in Croatia, good place to fly into from USA??

Thanks!!

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying into Croatia

If you plan to stay in Rovinj, you can consider flying to Venice. Otherwise, you can fly to Zagreb (no direct flights from USA, though). Dubrovnik is quiet in December. Split is larger town, and a bit more active at that time of the year.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,643 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying into Croatia

Rovinj will be even quieter than Dubrovnik in December. Try to visit Croatia sometime from May to October if you can.

north carolina
Level Contributor
389 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying into Croatia

Thanks for your replys. I am afraid of it being mostly closed up. We all really wanted to see some of Croatia and Dec is the only time we can all get away together as a family. Would it be worth staying in Rovinj?

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying into Croatia

Rovinj is pretty, though quiet. If you are a foodie, there are great restaurants in Istria to explore, as well as historical sites. Also, you can get great deals on accommodation in December. If you look for the less quiet places, consider visiting Zagreb, or Split. And then explore the rest from there.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,099 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying into Croatia

Split is the place to go as it's a big living city.

north carolina
Level Contributor
389 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying into Croatia

Thx guys!!

7. Re: Flying into Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:17