We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach Town

denver, co
Level Contributor
444 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach Town

My husband and I (late 50's) are springing for a trip to Croatia for us and my nephew and his family. The couple are in their 30's and their children will be 7 and 3 when we go. We plan on summer 2015. I am looking for the best beach town to take them to. We plan on renting a house or apartments. The kids love the water so we want to make it easy for my nephew to take them to the beach and back to our rental. The beach town could be on the mainland or one of the islands. We plan to also take day trips from the rental. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
54,573 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach Town

My first thought was Bol on Brac but then I was also thinking something along the Makarska Riviera.

Mentioned in this post
Bol
Bol
Brac Island, Croatia
Brac Island
Brac Island
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Makarska
Makarska
Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach Town

If you want t o do day trips I recommend the main land, it's more to do and see. Sibenik is getting a new city beach, Split has a bunch of beaches, but I think look closer into Omis and Primosten and maybe Seget close to Trogir.

Mentioned in this post
Sibenik
Sibenik
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
Split
Split
Omis
Omis
Primosten
Primosten
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
Trogir
Trogir
denver, co
Level Contributor
444 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach Town

Looks like most beaches are pebble -- suggestions for sand?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
54,573 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach Town

Croatia-beaches.com will show you where the sand is. Not much sand though! First time I went I was a bit concerned about the lack of sand but it's not a concern anymore since I realized the clarity of the water with the pebbled beaches is absolutely amazing. Check out Lopar on Rab or Sunj beach on Lopud near Dubrovnik.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Lopar
Lopar
Rab Island, Croatia
Rab Island
Rab Island
Kvarner Bay Islands, Croatia
Sunj beach
Sunj beach
479 Reviews
Lopud, Croatia
Lopud
Lopud
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
5. Re: Best Beach Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:17