We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

Boston...
14 posts
Save Topic
How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

My husband and I will be traveling to Croatia in September. A few months ago I posted an itinerary question here and got some great advice. We've modified our trip slightly though and we will now be flying into Dubrovnik and out of Split (tickets are already bought, so this is set). This is what I have as of now:

Day 1 Arrive late afternoon to Dubrovnik

Day 2 Dubrovnik

Day 3 Dubrovnik

Day 4 Bus to Split, ferry to Hvar

Day 5 Hvar

Day 6 Tuesday afternoon ferry to Vis

Day 7 Vis

Day 8 Vis

Day 9 Afternoon ferry to Split

Day 10 Split

Day 11 Early morning flight out of Split

With this itinerary I don't think we'll need to rent a car but we aren't opposed to renting one if it will make the trip easier. We also don't want to feel like we are traveling the entire time so my concern is mostly with if we are trying to fit too much into one trip. Does this look doable? Any tips, suggestions, or alternatives?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

Great plan and I love where you are going and the time spent in each place! How about only renting a car if needed on the islands if you want to explore?

Los Angeles...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

I like your itinerary. The only thing that I would like to put out there as an option is renting a car from Dubrovnik to Split and exploring the coast and maybe skipping Hvar. You can easily spend 3 nights in Hvar and might want to save it for another trip.

3. Re: How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 07:59
Boston...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

Thanks for the responses. We originally were thinking of renting a car in Dubrovnik and driving to Drvenik and taking the ferry from there to Hvar (Sucuraj). The thing is we don't need a car in Dubrovnik and would rather not pay to take a car on the ferry to Hvar and then to Vis and Split if we can just rent a car or scooter while we're on each island. I also didn't see anywhere near Dubrovnik Old Town where we could rent a car and then drop off at our final destination, Split. We're aren't opposed to driving, we just want to do what makes most sense logistically as well as financially.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

Just rent scooters or a car when needed out on the islands.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

Great route and almost exactly same as mine - I fly out on Thursday - 3 days Dubrovnik; 4 Vis; 4 Hvar; 3 Split! Can't wait! Especially for the World Cup kick off in Dubrovnik when I arrive!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

Nice plan! Enjoy your trip and cheer for Croatia in the World Cup!

8. Re: How does this itinerary look? Dubrovnik, Hvar, Vis, Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:16