We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to spend most time- Zagreb,Plitvice,Split or Dubrovnik

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to spend most time- Zagreb,Plitvice,Split or Dubrovnik

Hi,

I have 10 days(including travel so really, 8) and fly into Zagreb in the afternoon so I'm not really counting that day. The plan was to spend 2 full days in Zagreb, drive to Plitvice Nat. Park and have 2 days there, drive to Split for 2 days and then Dubrovnik 2 days. Can anyone suggest if I should crop a day out of one place to get more time in another? Can we do Plitvice Lakes in one day? Really want to see the towns/culture- What's most interesting? Does Zagreb need 2 full days? Split sounds really nice... Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,221 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to spend most time- Zagreb,Plitvice,Split or Dubrovnik

I think one full day in Zagreb will be enough and Plitvice can definitely be done in one day. I then think Dubrovnik deserves another night.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to spend most time- Zagreb,Plitvice,Split or Dubrovnik

Thanks barrymanilow!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
269 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to spend most time- Zagreb,Plitvice,Split or Dubrovnik

Agree w/ barrymanilow -- 1 day for Zagreb & 1 day for Plitvice. We just did a similar length trip but with Rovinj instead of Zagreb and added Hvar. We only did a 1/2 day in Split, though, and wish we stayed longer. Recommend 2 full days for Dubrovnik, which means 3 nights.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to spend most time- Zagreb,Plitvice,Split or Dubrovnik

Great info. Thanks guys!

5. Re: Where to spend most time- Zagreb,Plitvice,Split or Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:16