We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik or Cavtat

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
13 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik or Cavtat

Starting off our 2 week trip to Croatia in mid-September by flying into Dubrovnik. Planning on spending a few days there. Can't figure out where to stay, in Dubrovnik - Old Town, Dubrovnik - walking distance to Old Town, or Cavtat. Or what part of town. We will have a car which I know can be a pain to park near Old Town. Any advice? Or suggestions on where to stay (apartments or rooms, not hotel)? Some guide book favorites are already booked. Thanks!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,150 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik or Cavtat

With a car make sure you find a place that has parking if staying in Dubrovnik....I guess where to stay depends on what you plan to do...stay in Dubrovnik if that is your focus as it will be a pain going back and forth there of staying in Cavtat....stay in Cavtat if you aren't planning on spending much time in Dubrovnik itself.

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
753 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik or Cavtat

I think the best would be walking distance to old town Dubrovnik. We stayed at the Villa Dubrovnik, and it was awesome but pricy. Cavtat was very pretty, but geared towards families and elderly people (at least that was my perception). So it just depends on what you're looking for.

3. Re: Dubrovnik or Cavtat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 06:16