We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rijeka - Dubrovnik Itinerary

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Rijeka - Dubrovnik Itinerary

Hi! I'm travelling to Croatia 4-14 July and I planned an itinerary starting and ending in Rijeka. Can someone please tell me your thoughts on it? Is it worth visiting both Plitvice Lakes and Krka National Park or should I replace one of them with something else? Thank you so much!!

4 – 6 July Visit Rijeka

7 – 9 July: Rijeka - Plitvice Lakes - Zadar

• 7 July: Leave Rijeka bus 07:00, Arrive Plitvice 08:45

Leave Plitvice 17:00, Arrive Zadar 18:45

Zadar Accommodation 7-9 July

• 8 July – Visit Zadar

9 – 10 July: Krka National Park - Split

• 9 July Leave Zadar 11:00, Arrive Sibenik 12:26

Sibenik to Krka National Park 12:45

Return Sibenik to Split 17:00 – 18:36

Split Accommodation 9 – 10 July

10 July: Split to Dubrovnik ferry

Dubrovnik Accommodation 10 – 13 July

10 – 13 July visit Dubrovnik (Island hopping Hvar, Korcula - blue cave)

13 July take bus back to Rijeka

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
747 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rijeka - Dubrovnik Itinerary

We drove through Rijeka. Not sure there's all that much to do there compared with Split. I would suggest moving your days from Rijeka to Split, and visit Hvar from there. Much easier.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rijeka - Dubrovnik Itinerary

I agree, the only problem is that I did the mistake to book accommodation in Rijeka and I didn't want to lose that money. But I will think about it, thank you Judy D!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,522 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rijeka - Dubrovnik Itinerary

Agree that Rijeka isn't the nicest place to go. It if you stay there maybe spend your days in Opatija instead.

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
861 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rijeka - Dubrovnik Itinerary

Rijeka is a working port town and therefore less touristy. For you it is a good base to see Opatija and the beautiful villages on the Opatija Riviera, these include Volosko, Lovran, Icici, Medveja and Moscenicka Draga.You can use the #32 local bus that connects all these villages, the service is generally good and regular. Some of the better restaurants of the region can be found on this coastline too.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rijeka - Dubrovnik Itinerary

Thank you all for your advice, much appreciated! Opatija does look beautiful, I will definitely see it!

6. Re: Rijeka - Dubrovnik Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:17