We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Auckland Region...
6 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary help

There will be 4 of us meeting up in Dubrovnik arriving on 07 September . I have been looking at options of what to do. I am thinking of Korcula, split and the Plitvice lakes. Maybe a day trip to one of the islands. Is this possible in this time and is it better to hire a car or can we do by public transport. Any help would be appreciated. Middle aged couples but active.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,180 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

How long will you have and how long in Dubrovnik?

Auckland Region...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

We will arrive in Dubrovnik on 07 Sep and depart Croatia on 12 Sep but have not decided from where. We need to connect to a flight in Rome at 10 pm.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,180 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help

That's no a lot of time to see a lot....not sure you can see Dubrovnik,Korcula,Split and Plitvice in five days....I think I would skip Korcula.

Bristol, England...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help

I would recommend travelling up the coast; instead of Plitvice Lakes go to Sibenik and experience Krka National Park - far easier to go to and just as beautiful.

If you go up to Split, take a ferry out to Bol or Hvar - really nice relaxed atmosphere and a beautiful beach.

As we were travelling on the cheap, we took public transport; the coaches are pleasant and air conditioned and reasonably priced. You will have to pay for any luggage to go on the coach supplement to the ticket - this is subject to the drivers discretion but it's not very much. If you don't want to be restricted on times or anything, I would drive (although I haven't done this myself!)

Hope this helps. :)

Rijeka, Croatia
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help

Hi kkneebone,

You have to strike out at least one place from your list. I would go for Plitvice lakes if your not going to rent a car. You could consider this itinerary:

Sun: Dubrovnik;

Mon: leaving Dubrovnik by bus in the afternoon arriving at Korcula in the evening (6PM) / Autotrans bus company

Tue: leaving Korcula town in the evening and arriving at Vela Luka (60 minutes ride by bus)

Wed: 04.30PM ferry to Split

Thu: Split

Fri: leaving from Split airport to Rome. There are 2 flights from Split on that day. Croatia airline at the moment charging 300€ and leaving at 4PM and Vueling air company leaving round noon and it will cost you at the moment 55€.

Cost of transportation from Dubrovnik to Split (bus + bus + ferry) is round 25€. Cheap enough.

Edited: 30 June 2014, 03:40
Auckland Region...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help

Thanks for all your help .I will look into these and am sure we can put something more detailed together now. Really appreciate the detailed costs advised . Cheers Kerry

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,785 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary help

If you have a flight in Rome at 10pm I think you need to ensure that you can be there for that and work backwards. So, if the Vueling flights are available I'd book them which means you would need to be at Split airport for 10.30am. This gives you 5 days including the day you arrive in Dubrovnik. As there are 4 of you a car would probably work out quite reasonably. You could drive up the Peljesac peninsula and get the ferry to Korcula Town then leave by getting the ferry from Trpanj to Ploce (once back to the peninsula), then drive up the coast towards Split. I'd then just do Split, Krka and Trogir as you don't have much time. If you are really keen on Plitvice then do a long day - you are actually closer to Plitvice, Krka and the airport if you stay in Trogir (the last may be useful for you last morning).

Auckland Region...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary help

Thanks Jude C that is really helpful. I am thinking we might try and do the following:

Arrive 7am 7 Sep Dubrovnik overnight stay

Leave for Korcula 08 Sep via ferry

Leave Korcula 09 Sep for Hvar

Leave Hvar 10 Sep for Split then either up to Plitvice overnight then last night Trogir or split

or leave Plitvice out and do krka

I am finding it a bit difficult to find out ferry timings from Korcula to Hvar and on to split does anyone know thanks kerry

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary help

I hope you pack light!

You can take a bus from Dubrovnik to Korcula: http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.pdf

Here are the ferry links:

http://www.jadrolinija.hr/

http://www.krilo.hr/en/

http://www.krilo.hr/en/

you may also need Split bus schedules: http://www.ak-split.hr/EN/

Auckland Region...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary help

Hi KileH2O

I am having difficulty finding the ferry from Korcula to Split on 10 Sep. I can only find one on 11 Sep. Can you tell me which ferry goes on 10 Sep. Many Thanks Kerry