We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island is this?

Graaff-Reinet...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Which island is this?

I found this picture on a website but cant remember the site or which island it is. It is so beautiful, I would hate not to go there during our visit - it should be either Mljet, Elephite Islands or Vis. Those are the places I hope to go to. It seems I cannot add a picture here sooo.. white rock formations in the sea - arches in the water

Edited: 11 July 2014, 15:31
Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island is this?

paste the web site in your post. from your description it might be Vis, but it might be many other places too.

Edited: 12 July 2014, 01:27
Graaff-Reinet...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island is this?

That's the problem - I only saved a small jpeg and did not save the site from which i saved the pic.

I have gone through my earch hitory but cant find the site or the pic again. It does look alot like the entrance to the green cave - but instead of the cave you can look straight through and see the sea in the back.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
241 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which island is this?

Copy this jpeg into google, press enter and click "picture search". The results will be the ones most similar to your photo. I am very curious which island this would be, please let us know about the result!

Graaff-Reinet...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which island is this?

greeka.com/ionian/…zakynthos-blue-caves.htm

So it was the greek islands :( thank you - didn't know you could do that. I still am going to visit VIs and try to island hop the Elaphite islands

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
241 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which island is this?

:-D

Glad that you'll visit Croatia, nevertheless! ;-) Don't miss Blue Cave on the island of Biševo, near Vis: tz-komiza.hr/sites-to-see/caves/blue-cave/…

Graaff-Reinet...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which island is this?

Definite!!! Thank you again for your help

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,039 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which island is this?

Do get to Vis....a wonderful and beautiful place.

8. Re: Which island is this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16