We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with rental car loacations in Zagreb

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
191 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Help with rental car loacations in Zagreb

Hi, we are visiting Croatia in mid May. We plan to rent a car in Split , visit Plitvice Lakes and Istria region and drop the car in Zagreb . We will return to Zagreb on Sunday May 23 afternoon, spend the last night of our holiday in Zagreb and fly out of Zagreb airport 08:30am the next morning. As we only have 1 afternoon/evening in Zagreb we would like to stay in the centre, nr Jelacic Square.

My question is about location of car rental offices in Zagreb. There is the airport, of course, but I was wondering if there is also car rental offices in Zagreb center (maybe near the train station?) where we can drop the car before going to our hotel so we dont lose time going to the airport and back that afternoon.

or considering that we will return the car on a Sunday afternoon, is it best just to drop it at the airport ?

Thanks

Vitzi

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
708 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with rental car loacations in Zagreb

Hi, absolutely you have already answered by yourself, on Sunday afternoon there are no rental car offices which would be opened for drop off, so the best is you extend the time and return it at the airport.

Greetings, enjoy your trip!!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with rental car loacations in Zagreb

You may not need the rental car office to be open. You may be able to drop the car after hours. When I dropped my Sixt car in Dubrovnik mid-afternoon on a weekday, there was nobody there - they were on siesta or something. I was told just to drop the car in the parking garage in the space for Sixt cars and leave the keys in the car (it was a secure lot at the Hilton). This made me nervous at the time but I did it and had no issues. Sometimes the company has a key drop and you leave the car outside. Just make sure the fuel level is as expected, that there is no damage to the car, etc. Take pictures with your digital camera documenting the condition of the car after you return it.

Dublin
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with rental car loacations in Zagreb

We rented a car here

decodecarhire.co.uk/car-hire/…split.html

And by drop-off, just as mentioned, we were asked to leave the car at the parking with the key inside. I've heard that sometimes at airports car rental agencies have special boxes (like mail-boxes) to leave keys in.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with rental car loacations in Zagreb

You can always arrange a car pick up by an agent. All companies offer that service and they will probably do it for free. Sixt has two more offices in Zagreb and one is at Esplanade Regent hotel not too far from your location and you can contact UniRent as well as I know they are doing it too at no extra cost. Their office is not that close but still in the city center (Kranjčevićeva)

5. Re: Help with rental car loacations in Zagreb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Zagreb
Recent Conversations