We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin or Sheraton

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Westin or Sheraton

Hi all. I will be spending 6 nights in zagreb. I am traveling on business and need all the requisite amenities, clean, quiet, internet, breakfast. thats about it. price at either would be ok. which would you recommend. I am a starwood preferred guest otherwise i'd just choose the esplanade. thanks for your help.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
711 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin or Sheraton

I would go for Westin rather than Sheraton. The location of the hotel is great, the service and the restaraunts as well. Regent Esplanade is absolutely the best but if you can not pick that one, Westin would be next best choice.

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin or Sheraton

Ok, i changed things around and am staying the Esplanade instead!!! i'll post my experience when i return. Thanks for your feedback!!!

NYC
Level Contributor
15 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin or Sheraton

I lived in the former Yugoslavia for many years and took weekend breaks in Zagreb at The Westin. The renovated rooms are lovely--ask to be on the SPG floor and to face the city, the breakfast is amazing and the location is wonderful. The staff is also very helpful and kind. I loved staying at The Westin in Zagreb.

Zagreb
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin or Sheraton

Hi there,

as you chose Regent Esplanada, here is one suggestion: visit Botanical garden. It is 5 minute walk from hotel, going west. Here you can sit for a while, contemplate and learn what is the difference between English and Franch park architecture. Plants are labeled, so it great to learn something new.

Entrance is free.

More info: hirc.botanic.hr/vrt/english/location.htm

5. Re: Westin or Sheraton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2010, 05:15