We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plitvice to Zagreb, night bus

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Plitvice to Zagreb, night bus

Hello,

I am going to Plitvice in mid December, and would like to know if there is any late afternoon or night bus to Zagreb, as I dont intend to stay the night in Plitvice (expensive). Any infos on this - timetable & fares? Thanks.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Plitvice to Zagreb, night bus

There are buses from Plitvice, you can find Zagreb bus station timetable here.

http://www.akz.hr/EN/voznired.aspx

Price is up to each company, but it is generally around 80 kuna (around 11 euros).

Note that in December it gets dark early – around 4 pm.

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plitvice to Zagreb, night bus

Thanks for the info. How long do you think is sufficient for me to visit the lakes? If I take a morning bus fr Split, I shall arrive Plitvice at 11am or 12pm. Do you think I can manage to cover the must sees before it gets dark?

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
708 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plitvice to Zagreb, night bus

Zagrebresident gave you the best tip - it gets dark and some parts of the park might be closed due to winter snow and flooding, so you can not plan the timining now, you should check it with the park before your trip. In normal conditions you would need 2-3 hours, in high season when there are lots of people perhaps 3 hours due to queing at the place where you take the boat.

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plitvice to Zagreb, night bus

Thanks Tihi33 for the tips...

5. Re: Plitvice to Zagreb, night bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Zagreb
Recent Conversations