We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Zagreb

Which Zagreb hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Zagreb

Hello, we will be arriving in Zagreb on a Sunday about 6.30am (I think) on the overnight train from Sarajevo. We will fy home to the UK the following day at about midday. What do you suggest we see and do in Zagreb? Are there baggage lockers at the train station?

Thank you.

Laura

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Zagreb

Once at the railway station in Zagreb leave your luggage at the wardrobe and take the morning train to Krapina. Visit the neanderthal men museum there, treat yourself with a good lunch with local dishes like "strukli " cheese cake. Evening stroll through Zagreb will be enough.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Zagreb

Simply go to the main square (Trg bana Jelacica) to the Tourist Info Center and take a free walking map. Follow the map and you can see Lower Town and Upper Town tourist sites all by easy walking, with breaks for drink or food in between.

http://www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr/?l=e

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,522 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Zagreb

The Neanderthal museum in Krapina was interesting, but I would rather spend my time wandering around Zagreb and zagrebresident has given you good advice.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Zagreb

What I would do? I would walk from the Train station along great parks to Cvjetni Trg (Flowery Square) and get me some real espresso. Than, I would go to Dolac (Farmer's market). For breakfast, I would grab cevapi at Rubelj's grill (at the market) and go down to Hotel Dubrovnik for another round of espresso.... After that I would check the stores along Ilica street and on return go to Vincek pastry shop for some GREAT sweets.

With full belly, I would head to Gornji grad (Upper city) check some galleries and a few churches, than through the gates of prayers, I would check Cathedral.

I would probably go to Archeology Museum and spend some time there... Ouch! It's almost past for a great lunch! Maybe some przene girice (fried anchovies) in Korcula and probably glass of wine there (Teran and Kastelet brand come to mind) and pay visit to Hard rock cafe. If it's not really great there, going on Tesla street, I would walk to the National Theater and look around great architecture. If I have time, Mimara museum is near by. I would probably like to see some Rembrandt paintings, and prepare myself for a dinner... Now, what to eat for a dinner is real question. But, after dinner, I would probably finish day at few music halls, bars with live music or just walk around, get some roasted chestnuts and observe city life and lights....

Now, let's consider something for a dinner....... Any ideas?

Edited: 20 September 2012, 04:19
5. Re: One day in Zagreb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:15