We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

Greater London...
Level Contributor
177 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

Hi there,

I'm off to Zagreb at the end of October for a few days. My mate has pulled out of the trip, so I will be going on my own now!

I just wondered if anyone has any tips for solo travellers? I am staying in a Hostel so should meet some people there.

Also going on that Zagreb bike ride tour. The Zagreb card looks good value if you visit lots of places/use trams?

Any tips for eating/drinking? I am not a big fan of sitting by myself in restaurants etc, street cafes ok.

I am 31 if its any help!

Daniel

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
HERITAGE I Croatian Food I Snack Bar
£, Mediterranean, Street Food, Croatian
Japanese restaurant Tekka
££ - £££, Japanese, Seafood, Sushi
Kelly's Grill & Bar
£, Bar, Cafe, Fast food
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

Zagreb is not a very big city; if your hostel is in the center, you will not have to use trams/buses that much, more or less everything is accessible on foot.

Eating, there are places to grab a snack without table sitting. You will see plenty of bakery shops all around the center with wide choice of pastries, sandwiches, burek pies, pizza cuts, sweets etc. My favourite one is a little one called Dinara in Ljudevita Gaja street, cca 100m from the central square (Trg bana J. Jelacica).

Next door to Dinara is a place called Good Food in Nikole Tesle street. You can eat some simpler meals there (salads, hamburgers, etc); they have bar chairs, window sitting, comfortable for solo eating. Right across the street from there is a tiny place serving just stews/soups called Cuspajz, in case you get fed up with bakery stuff.

City center is full of cafes with outdoor sitting, hopefully the weather stays nice. Perhaps some smaller museums? Museum of Broken Relationships and Zagreb City Museum are interesting and easy to see (both in Upper Town).

See the link below for Zagreb info, events and similar stuff (search your dates under Events, perhaps you’ll find something interesting).

www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr/index.php?l=e

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Museum of Broken Relationships
Museum of Broken...
3,265 Reviews
Zagreb, Croatia
Zagreb City Museum
Zagreb City Museum
202 Reviews
Zagreb, Croatia
Greater London...
Level Contributor
177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

Thanks, really useful information! Found Good Food on Google Street Map, looks like a good option!

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

Contact the hiking club:

http://www.zagreb-matica.hr/

They organize interesting excursions on Saturdays and Sundays to the Zagreb countryside. Nice and educated middle and older age people there.

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Ukpiagvik, Alaska
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

Will be in Zagreb from Nov. 6 - 9. Will you still be around?

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Greater London...
Level Contributor
177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

Hi mate, im there 29th - 1st

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

I'll be there 21 - 25 December :D

Kona Hawaii
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

How was Zagreb? Hostel? I am alone there for a day en route to Albania, thanks

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Albania
Albania
Europe
8. Re: Zagreb for Solo Travellers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 05:16