We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia or Solvenia First

Which Zagreb hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia
Level Contributor
227 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia or Solvenia First

I am putting together an itenerary for a trip to Croatia and Solvenia next year for about a month and was thinking of flying first to Zagreb, stay a night or two to get over jet lag then rent a car a drive to Ljubljana tour Solvenia for about a week and was wondering if this is a good plan. Or should I fly to Ljubljana first rent a car there tour around then drop car off and take a bus to Rovinj. I would then fent a car in Rovinj tour Croatia and fly home from Zagreb

Any help for a month long.itenerary would also be helpful. Qe are planning to go in September for the whole month

Thx

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia or Solvenia First

Sounds like a plan either way. We were in Slovenia,Croatia,BiH,Croatia between Aug.28th and Oct.10th.

Had already been "on the road" for two weeks before arriving in Ljubljana (Paris and Hamburg)...did rent a car there and gave it up in Portoroz. Took the bus from Piran to Rovinj and rented another car there for the duration.

I WILL do a TR one of these days, I promise.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia or Solvenia First

your original plan is good, because drop off fees may cost you something, and also there is a rather poor public transportation between Slovenia and Croatia. Arriving in Zagreb and recuperating from jet leg for a day or two is just a perfect idea...

3. Re: Croatia or Solvenia First

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 05:18