We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train between Zagreb to Ljubljana

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
85 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Train between Zagreb to Ljubljana

Is the best way of travel between these two cities by train, bus or shuttle bus (eg. Go Opti?) For the train, could I purchase the ticket one day in advance? We are two adults plus 6y child looking for one way transportation between the two cities.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train between Zagreb to Ljubljana

All ways are good, I would choose train. You can buy purchase the ticket a day in advance, or earlier at the station.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train between Zagreb to Ljubljana

I used Go Opti in March this year between Zagreb airport and Ljubljana. Travel was as a group of 4 in a large SUV type vehicle and it was an excellent transfer. Put your requirements into the Go Opti website and you will get a price. The sooner you book the cheaper it is. However, public transport is likely to be cheaper at this time of year,

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train between Zagreb to Ljubljana

We are planning a day trip from Zagreb to Ljubljana, and Go Opti looks like a great solution - there are 7 adults. What's the best place in Ljubljana to get dropped off?

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train between Zagreb to Ljubljana

I just got the train between the two cities. It was simple enough. I just went to the central station and purchased a ticket a few days in advance.

5. Re: Train between Zagreb to Ljubljana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2016, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Zagreb
Recent Conversations