We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Competitive airfare pricing to Bucharest

Philadelhia, PA, USA
1 post
Save Topic
Competitive airfare pricing to Bucharest

I am traveling to Bucharest the week of 27 Sug and staying for 10-12 days. I have not been able to find a verifiable airfare rate for less the $1,000USD. Does anyone know of a reputable firm that can offer a more competitive price? Are there folks who have tickets but are unable to use them?

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

THANKS!

I've used ALL of the search engines (orbitz, hotwire, priceline, etc...) as well as all the airline search engines, including Tarom

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Competitive airfare pricing to Bucharest

You mean August 27 ? If yes, you should have started planning earlier in order to find cheaper flights.

Anyway, I think you still could try finding some low cost flight from the US to London and then there are some cheap airlines (like WizzAir: http://wizzair.com/ ) that fly to Bucharest.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Competitive airfare pricing to Bucharest

That is not a bad fare for August. I paid $1055 leaving in September for more then 4 weeks from Cleveland, OH. The price is according with the season and the length of teh trip.

Try www.oneTravel.com I always found the best fares.They will chare you $19 to mail tour tickets, but it was cheaper thru them anyway.

Hope it will help

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Competitive airfare pricing to Bucharest

Try Itasoftware.com

I am showing $685 2 stops, or $754 1 stop. Aug 27th, return Sept 13.

That is assuming you are leaving from Philadelphia.

NYC
Level Contributor
43 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Competitive airfare pricing to Bucharest

This time of year tough to find anything much less than $1000. August and early September a lot of US Romanians go to visit.

Try Malev Airlines to Budapest then on to Bucharest or Cluj.

Delta flies direct from JFK to Bucharest.

5. Re: Competitive airfare pricing to Bucharest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 03:15