We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurocars.ro

Ashdod, Israel
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Eurocars.ro

Does anyone have an experience with EUROCARS.RO?? They are asking a deposit of 600 euro and I'm afraid they will find some reason to charge me and not return this amount. The car they offering is seems nice, and so is the price, but the deposit is bothering me.

Want to hear other people experience with them (in Romania).

Thank you,

Alona

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurocars.ro

Check this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294457-i2816-k285…

Ashdod, Israel
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurocars.ro

Thanks, but it is only one review and I already read it.

But it doesn't talk about the deposit, that actualy it's a lot of money.

I wanted to know if in most of the cases the money is returned to the people or they looking for some reason to charge it anyway.

Do you heard of any cases?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurocars.ro

But there are some things in that thread about the deposit - someone suggests that you don't have to make a deposit if you talk to the rental agency and accept to pay full insurance instead of the basic insurance package, did you try that?

I haven't heard of any cases of non-returned deposits from this agency; nonetheless before taking the car check it thoroughly and make a written note of any defects it might have, no matter how small (like scratches).

Edited: 09 August 2010, 20:22
Ashdod, Israel
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurocars.ro

Yes I've tried, but they didn't agree.

But thank you for your response!!

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurocars.ro

Hi there,

Just as you know, during my visit in Romania, I used their services, I rented a Focus, with 400 euro as deposit as I recall, used my credit card, blocked that sum, and after returning the car, as received, they have unblocked my money, in 5 days, I remember, it was in February so...little details are soon forgotten :)

I used their services as a recommendation from a friend of mine, and I was very pleased. If you haven't chosen another company by now, I strongly recommend EuroCars.

I guess you already know their website: http://www.eurocars.ro/

I'm here for more details :)

All the best from Paris!

Romania
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurocars.ro

I've used them twice - once paying the deposit by card, once in cash. Both times it was returned to me with no deductions. When the guy comes to drop off the car, just make sure you do a walk-around with him and insist he notes even the smallest scratch down on the contract.

The only gripe I have is with one of the women in the office. One of the times we rented from them, they dropped off the car two hours late. We were annoyed because we wanted to set off that morning for a lunchtime appointment in Brasov. After a string of excuses from the women in the office she finally told us that our trip 'can't be urgent' so it 'doesn't really matter' if they deliver late. Not very professional behaviour - it's hardly up to them to decide on the importance of their clients' trip.

However, all in all, they are ok. The prices are decent, you get your deposit back, the cars have been fine both times and the guys who drop them off have been courteous and helpful. If they got rid of that patronising women in the HQ they might be better off, though.

Constanta
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurocars.ro

What about http://www.carrental.ro/ ? Their prices are much lower and they also have national coverage. They look pretty ok, but i never used them.

For those of you who speak romanian, http://www.inchirieri.net/ is probably the most reliable. They have lots of cars, i used them twice so far and everything went smooth. The only problem is that you cannot choose the car color.

PS. They also have a Ferrari :)) inchirieri.net/ro/670/Ferrari-360-2009.html

Edited: 10 January 2011, 08:04
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eurocars.ro

I'm about to use eurocars for my upcoming trip. I was in Romania last year and used autonom with no problems at all which was surprising to me as I thought I would be a target being a non-Romanian. Autonom was a bit pricier so I'm trying eurocars this time

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Eurocars.ro

I rented an Opel Astra 1.4L through Eurocars between 07/11/2011 - 07/29/2011. I will definitely do business with Eurocars again. I made the reservation online 3 weeks prior to my arrival in Romania. The car was impeccable and with a low gas mileage. I picked it up from the Opel dealership in Brasov within 40 minutes after my arrival. It cost me 25 Euros/day (aprox. 35$) with a $500 deposit which I fully recovered at the end of my vacation. Everything went smoothly to my surprise (I was expecting some hassle). Eurocars personnel and their partners at the Opel Dealership were highly professional.

One observation, before renting it make sure you inspect the car very well and make a note of every little scratch, dent or damage of the interior. Pictures can help too.

All the best Mihai

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eurocars.ro

On the contrary, my experience with eurocars was poor - they unjustifiably charged me the 400 euro deposit on returning the car to the pick up point and were clearly out to rip me off.

The car hire was subcontracted to NBG Leasing. They were efficient on pick up and gave me a free upgrade which I was grateful for. They pre-authorised the 400 euros as I knew would be the case.

However this all changed on returning the car when it became clear they simply wanted to find an excuse to charge me. They found two - the car was dirty (it had what I would call normal external dirt from a 2 week trip); and a minor blemish, more like paint discoloration, that they found on the bonnet. I would not have identified this as a mark even at the inspection.

Despite discussion with the agent the money was removed from my account within days. I have hired cars all over the world and know what is reasonable and what is not. This was not. Be warned.