We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours-of-Romania Company

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
482 reviews
Save Topic
Tours-of-Romania Company

Has anyone traveled or booked tours to Romania and/or Bulgaria with a company called Tours-of-Romania? I would appreciate feedback!

Many thanks

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

We took a private tour with them this last May and June. Did not go into Bulgaria. That was with Tours of Romania by Compass Travel Romania.

www.tours-of-romania.com

From the pre trip correspondence we realized we're dealing with fine professionals. The itinerary was extremely interesting in all its aspects. It was very complex without being tiring. A couple of days involved longer drives but they were pleasant.

We were more than happy to meet locals in various areas of the country and even got to attend a wedding in Maramures. This is a lovely area up north and reachable in about three days of touring from Bucharest.

We lucked out with the tour guide they assigned. It is my understanding the company has contracted the best free lance tour guides which now work exclusively for Compass Travel. Funny and knowledgeable, he spoke great English and knew all things Romanian. We were keen on having a real good tour guide and this was one of the main reasons why we elected Tours of Romania.

This company was presented on the Travel Channel a couple of years back.

We highly recommend them to any traveler to Romania.

Maple Valley...
Level Contributor
87 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

I took a trip through Romania and Bulgaria in September. I usually travel by myself, using public transportation, but after researching options in these two countries, I decided against it. Traveling with groups is not to my liking. Luckily, I came across reviews of "Tours-of-Romania" and connected with Andrei Nicolau Miclea. From the start, it was a pleasant experience dealing with him. I explained that I was an elderly female traveling alone, what my interests were, and which places I hoped to visit. Even so, I was a bit nervous on the eve of my departure. However, when I was met at the airport by my guide, Andrei Brebulet, a charming young man who speaks excellent English, my worries disappeared.

All accommodations were perfect, meals were great, attractions well chosen, and the company of knowledgeable Andrei pleasant. The airconditioned car was comfortable.

In Bulgaria, my guide, Pavlina, was a young vibrant woman, equally interested in giving me the best experience possible.

Traveling with a private guide may seem extravagant, but it was the only way I could see and do what I wanted in these two beautiful countries and in the end, probably not much more expensive than traveling with a group. I highly recommend "Tours-of-Romania" and the guides that were assigned to me.

Columbus Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

We just returned from Romania and we had initially contacted Andrei Nicolau Miclea and he was to be our guide. While we were in Bulgaria, Andrei emailed that he was in Argentina and he would not be able to guide us BUT he had a friend who would. Enter Dan Bucur.

WOW, Dan was amazing. He picked us up at the airport and took us all over Romania from Bucharest to Bocovina stopping and seeing Sinaia, Brasov, Bran Castle, Sighisoara, Bucovina with the painted monasteries etc. It was a WOW of a trip. One can contact Dan @ dan_bucur2002@yahoo.co.uk. I am sure that Andrei would have been wonderful as well but I know that Dan is one of the best of the best:-)

Beersheba, Israel
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

We met Dan in 2009. Super guide. The old school type.

5. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 12:23
Columbus Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

Yes, we did book with Andrei but through Private Guide site. Sent an email and Andrei called us the next day. He is super well organized and did a six day tour for us as well. When he could not make it, Dan stepped up and was absolutely wonderful.

It was such a pleasure to have Dan drive, tell us the historicity of each region and towns we visited, and we just enjoyed. It is one of my favorite trips.

7. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 12:21
8. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 12:21
9. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 12:49
Edmonton, Alberta...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours-of-Romania Company

We booked the 2 Castles Tour (one-day) with Tours-of-Romania for March 2013 and were very pleased with our experience. Our guide, Adrian, was wonderfully knowledgeable about the history and significance of the sights we saw. He was also a safe driver, which cannot be said about every driver we had during our time in Romania (other drivers were not with this company).

Slight misunderstanding about payment. We wanted to pay with plastic (VISA or debit) but wasn't possible. We found a solution by finding an internet connection (easy to do in Bucharest) and used PayPal.

Tour and guide were well worth the money. Really felt we could trust this company and Adrian which again cannot be said of everybody we interacted with in Romania.