We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prebooking train tickets Sibiu - Budapest

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Prebooking train tickets Sibiu - Budapest

Hello

I want to prebook train tickets on the night train Sibiu - Budapest. I have looked it up on the Hungarian trainline websites and the price is good but it says I have to pick the tickets up in Hungary, which we can't do as our journey starts in Romania. I have looked at other booking sites such as Rail Europe but they are much more expensive. Does anyone know of another way to prebook the tickets at the proper price and not the ones with a huge mark up like Rail Europe?

Thanks!

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prebooking train tickets Sibiu - Budapest

There's no direct night train from Sibiu to Budapest, just a day train (leaves 8.38, arrives 17.50). You don't really need to book ahead for it, unless you want discounted tickets.

If you want to travel overnight you will have to change trains somewhere, for instance in Medias (go Sibiu - Medias 19.35 > 21.03 then Medias - Budapest 23.27 > 8.50). For overnight trains it is indeed best to book tickets, at least one day before the trip.

From your other posts it seems you're going to start the trip some time before in Bucharest. If that's the case, you can book your ticket to Budapest a few days earlier at the CFR's (Romanian railways) booking agency, located at 10 Brezoianu street (in the Old Town) or at the main train station (Gara de Nord).

Edited: 19 January 2013, 11:56
2. Re: Prebooking train tickets Sibiu - Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 06:16