We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minibuses between Brasov and Sighisoara

Ottawa
Level Contributor
958 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Minibuses between Brasov and Sighisoara

I hope to stay overnight at a few Saxon towns and villages during my trip to Romania. Since I’ll be travelling on my own, renting a car is outside my budget. I know that some of the nicer villages, such as Viscri, are impossible to reach by public transport, but others, such as Crit and Saschiz, seem to be located closer to the main road. Do minibuses run on the road from Rupea to Sighisoara? When I check on Autogari.Ro, I can’t find any buses running from Brasov to Crit or Saschiz. Is it a set-up where there aren’t scheduled stops, but you just let the driver know where to let you off or flag him down by the side of the road? Or are there really no minibuses running on this stretch of road? How awkward is luggage on minibuses? I would have a 21” carry-on and a daypack.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Minibuses between Brasov and Sighisoara

All minibuses and buses between Brasov and Sighisoara use the DN13 / E60 main road, which passes on the outskirts of Crit and through Saschiz.

In general there are no specific stops outside towns, you just tell the driver where you want to get off (and flag the minibus when you want to get aboard).

Note that autogari.ro no longer lists most of the minibuses running between (Bucharest-)Brasov-Sighisoara. You can nonetheless find timetables on the site of the company that operates these minibuses ( http://www.cdy.ro/Home.aspx ); Saschiz is actually mentioned as a stop ( cdy.ro/Transportruteinterne/…Default.aspx ).

If the minibus is crowded you will have trouble finding a place for your luggage.

Edited: 16 March 2013, 14:35
Ottawa
Level Contributor
958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minibuses between Brasov and Sighisoara

Thank you very much, Alterme. This is very helpful.

3. Re: Minibuses between Brasov and Sighisoara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 04:19