We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bucharest or timisoara??

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Topic
bucharest or timisoara??

Hi,

I am arriving on june 15th to romania. I am spending 5 days in total.

We are travelling with friends, and we like to party ))

Can you please suggest if we should spend the Friday and Saturday weekend in Timisoara then drive to Bucharest and spend the last few days there, or the other way round which would be better??

Your help is appreciated)))) thanks

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

If partying is your priority and you're traveling in June you should head to the seaside.

Fly into Bucharest, stay two days here then drive (or take a train) to Constanta/Mamaia and spend the last days there.

If you also want to visit at least a few tourist sites try to do a day trip to Brasov from Bucharest.

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

Hi Thanks for your advice!

I hear that Timisoara is the best place to visit for youngsters?

How long would the drive to the seaside take from bucharest??

Thanxxx

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

Timisoara (like the other regional centers, Cluj and Iasi) has large universities and consequently a relatively developed nightlife, I suppose that's why you've heard it's a good place for youngsters. But in mid June the school year is practically over, most young people are heading away.

In summer if you're looking to party it's best to go to resorts along the Black Sea: Mamaia if you have enough money, Vama Veche if you're the 'wilder' type, Costinesti.etc.

Driving from Bucharest to Constanta takes about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

Awesome.

Fair point.

So guess its best to set base in bucharest and then travel to the coast.

In 5 days which places would you suggest for an itenary?

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

Between 15 - 17 June OST Fest will be held at Romexpo In Bucharest . If you like rock music maybe you would want to go.

For more info:

http://www.ostfest.ro/index_en.html

BUCHAREST
Level Contributor
106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

I guess Fri - Sun at the seaside will be your best choice re partying, with the remaining days in Bucharest...

You should also take into consideration that Fri afternoon and Sunday afternoon on the way back can be pretty busy on the motor way. Hopefully, the last part of it will be open as well.

Nice terraces on Bucharest old city, the cheap romanian beer and the Euro on big screens will be good enough for Mon and Tue night.....

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

I agree with Neamtzu, head straight from the airport to Constanta and spend the June 15-17 weekend in Mamaia (it's just north of Constanta, practically a neighborhood of the city) then get back to Bucharest for the last two days.

(This of course unless you're into heavy metal; if you are you should stay in Bucharest over the weekend for the festival mentioned by Dariana.)

For a change of scenery you could use one of these last days for a trip to Brasov (a 3 hours drive) or the mountain resorts south of it (Sinaia, Busteni; ~2 hours drive).

You could avoid the crowded weekend traffic towards the coast by using trains (they also take 2 1/2-3 hours to get to Constanta) then buses/taxis after you get there.

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

Awesome guys, so Constanta it is for Fri through till Sunday or should stay till Monday?

Not into the rock music !! but thanks tho...prefer dance/rnb etc

Then we can visit Borisov from there and then spend last couple days in Bucharest...

Any good nightclubs/bars or recommendations for bucharest?

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

Hi....

Iv'e been reading reviews online....says Neptun is a pretty good place for parttying and youngsters....what do you think?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bucharest or timisoara??

Check this thread for a few club recommendations in Bucharest

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294458-i3832-k487…

Neptun is OK but less lively than Mamaia.