We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

Hi all:

Planning first trip to Bucharest.

Which of the above is better for seeing the sites, being near local food, and being in the heart of things?

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

There are all in the center and you will not have problems walking to many atractions in Bucharest but InterContinental is closer to the Old Town where many bars and restaurants are and offers easy acces to the undeground / the metro

Bucharest, Romania
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

None of them. try K+K hotel Elisabeta in Bucharest. really nice, helpful and human staff (you see what I mean). And it's not on a big noisy boulevard, but still very close to the University Place (3 minutes walk).

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

Radisson Blu

Bucharest
Level Contributor
5 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

Don't worry about distance in bucharest. Taxi it's cheap. Choose the best rating/best price option.

I guess one thing extra about intercontinental is that it's in the heart of Bucharest and if you get a high floor room you get very nice view of the city, as this is one of the tallest buildings in Bucharest.

So go for the best one considering offer/rating in tripadvisor.

Commerce Township...
Level Contributor
43 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

We stayed 2 nights at the Athenee Hilton before a Danube river cruise last August. The Hilton was above the standard, with a wonderful breakfast, atmosphere, very nice clean room, and the staff were very accomodating and gracious. The walking in Bucharest is easy just follow the city map. No we did not ride the subway. The art museum is across from the Hilton. A must see both the European and Romanian sides. The Radisson Blu is a block from the Hilton.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

Radisson Blu has the best report quality - price.

Cristina

Azzurytt

Warsaw
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

Radisson is the best quality and service. It has great outdoor pool during summer and is still in perfect condition (clean and great design). Hilton is nice but rooms are old. Intercontinental - the worst in my view. I stayed in all and always return to Radisson.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

Haven't posted here since my stay - just wanted to give everyone a heads up - the Hilton was fantastic and I couldn't have been happier. I'm sure the Radisson is just as good (maybe better) - but both the hard product and soft product of Hilton were a 10/10. Furthermore, the view onto the square couldn't be better.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

I found both hotels to be excellent.

The InterContinental is marginally nearer the main tourist sites;the rooms are large, comfortable and well insulated.There is a fantastic view of the city from the higher floors; Another advantage is that the direct shuttle bus from Otopeni airport ( Line 783) stops just across the road from the hotel. The stop for the return journey is about 200 metres down the road.

Petrecere placuta la Bucuresti!

10. Re: Hilton Athenee vs Radisson Blu vs InterContinental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16