We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour to Snagov from Bucharest

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour to Snagov from Bucharest

Hi, I'm travelling by myself, been trying to look for a group tour that departs from Bucharest for a day visit to Snagov. All the tour companies I found organize private tours which means it's very expensive for one person.

Thank you in advance.

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour to Snagov from Bucharest

Look at past forum posts. I am sure Alterme or another user answered this question. I read a post in the past that answered this question and contained detailes about how to get there by public transport.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour to Snagov from Bucharest

There aren't any group tours specifically to Snagov, although there are some occasional ones (mainly on Sundays) to monasteries around Bucharest including Snagov.

A s mentioned above, you could simply get there by public transport - go to Presei Libere square, take a minibus to Silistea Snagovului village, walk to the lake and cross the bridge to the monastery.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour to Snagov from Bucharest

Thank you so much, that's very helpful. For some reason when I googled how to get to Snagov most say I have to hire a rowboat (and have to bargain with the boat owner) to get to the island.

4. Re: Day tour to Snagov from Bucharest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:17