We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

Hong Kong
6 posts
Save Topic
when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

I hope to visit Russia in gold leaves, when will be the best time?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

First of all, Russia is a little bit larger that Hong Kong and has very different climate in its different parts, so the answer might depend on where exactly in Russia you want to be. If you mean Central Russia then late September - early October is your best bet.

Hong Kong
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

yeah... just hope to visit Moscow and St Petersberg

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

Then I'd recommend the second part of September - later it might be too cold to be comfortable (or it may be not - who can tell with these crazy climat changes...).

Hong Kong
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

OOOOOOO, I cant arrive Russia before 27/9, will it be too late for gold leaves? if not, I should visit Moscow first or St Petersberg first???

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

> I cant arrive Russia before 27/9, will it be too late for gold leaves?

No, there will be gold leaves all right, it just can be a bit cold, windy and rainy but again you never know with the weather - can easily be warm and sunny.

> if not, I should visit Moscow first or St Petersberg first???

You can do it either way.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

The best view of theautumn is IMHO at St.Petersburg suburb of Pavlovsk, with a big park especially designed to be nice in autumn, as the owner of the park loved autumn views most.

Also, if you want to be more explorative, the last week of August-1st week of Sept is a superb autumn in the Far North, e.g. in Murmansk. This is a little adventurious, but superb experiece. Forest there is completely different from usual one.

Enjoy!

7. Re: when can I see golden leaves in Russia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 12:39