We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

APRIL in Moscow & St.Pete's -- are we nuts?

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
APRIL in Moscow & St.Pete's -- are we nuts?

We're considering a family trip (teenaged boys) to Moscow and St. Petersburg for March 28 - April 8, 2012. Is the weather likely to ruin our enjoyment of the city?

We're from Michigan (USA, Detroit area) so cold doesn't scare us, but since we'll be at the end of our long winter also it would be nice if these cities were into "spring" weather at least. Constant cold rain would be a real damper. Spring weather and sunshine would be great.

If the weather was poor, would we lose out on a lot by not being able to see/enjoy/explore the outdoors?

I know it would be better to go in June, but I'm not sure we can fit it in during the next 2 years before our oldest son goes of to college.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: APRIL in Moscow & St.Pete's -- are we nuts?

I find the weather to be 'difficult' at the end of March. It is not the best time to come especially to St.Petersburg. If you can move your trip to winter when everything is white and pretty or to late April - early Mya when it gets warmer and sunny it will be the best.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,920 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: APRIL in Moscow & St.Pete's -- are we nuts?

All I can say is that we were on a river boat between St. Petersburg and Moscow on about May 6 or so and the ship had to delay for a day to wait for an ice breaker to get us on our way.

I loved it. What an interesting way to start your trip ;~)

But don't count at all on any kind of spring weather during those dates.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
3. Re: APRIL in Moscow & St.Pete's -- are we nuts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 02:19