We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Russian Mickey Mouse comics

Bainbridge Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Russian Mickey Mouse comics

I collect Disney comics from all over the world. On my trip to St. Petersburg I couldn't find any copies of Mickey Mouse magazine.

I would gladly trade an American comic like Batman or Spiderman or whatever in English for a Russian-language Mickey Mouse comic book.

Please let me know if you would like to trade, by mail.

paulbrians@gmail.com

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Russian Mickey Mouse comics

The problem is comic books never really took off in Russia. The wily bolsheviks taught people to read and write and strongly encouraged the youth to read real books, you know, those built of words and sentences, not pictures.

Bainbridge Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Russian Mickey Mouse comics

I appreciate that. I was a professor of literature for 40 years. I just happen also to be a Disney comics collector.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Russian Mickey Mouse comics

American comics were out of the question, but their French clones were somewhat available - Pif and Hercules, Placid & Muzo...

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Russian Mickey Mouse comics

Look at this web-site - http://www.oldcomics.ru/ruscomics/mikkimaus/

It is all in Russian but it sells comics that you probably are looking for. the web-site sells them in St.Petersburg. Prices are about 150 - 300 Rubles per piece. If you really need it I can probably buy it for you and mail it to your address. Let me know.

5. Re: Russian Mickey Mouse comics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 00:17