We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vantage River cruise OK?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Vantage River cruise OK?

WE want to take the moscow st. pet trip, and spend less that 14000; Will we be happy with the cheaper Tolstoy and Vantage trips?

Boston...
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vantage River cruise OK?

My daughter and I took this trip in late June-early July, 2012 from St. Petersburg to Moscow. Overall, we were very happy with the trip. We spent 4 nights at the Nevsky Prospect Palace Hotel. Same with Moscow. Wonderful hotel and tours good. There was lots of time on your own and we were lucky because I can read cyrillic and my daughter is fearless, so went went all over the place in both cities. Vantage divides you into 4 groups and you have same tour guide for entire trip (but any of the 4 will help you or answer questions) and one local guide for each place you go. All were very good (except one who had some problems).

The Tolstoy is adequate. Crew very nice, but have limited to no English. Boat clean and well kept. We splurged on a jr. suite and this was the smartest choice I made on whole trip. Regular cabins very, very tight. Lots of choices on food, but some great and some not so. One glass of wine or beer free at dinner. Nice sitting spaces on ship. 2 OK bars - prices fairly reasonable. Tours off boat were very good. Have personal sound boxes which were very useful as you could wander a little away from the group to see something that interested you but still hear. Dining room laid out strangely wiht kitchen in middle, so only saw half of the passengers. That would be my biggest regret - that the way the tour is arranged, it was difficult to meet others not in your little group.

Sorry to take so long, but hope this helped. If you have more questions, please just ask.

Helen

2. Re: Vantage River cruise OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 10:16