We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Russian Travel Visa

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Russian Travel Visa

At the end of June I'll be leaving to Russia, I'm doing a short term language course in St. Petersburg but will be flying into Moscow. Since I'm only there for about a month, I qualify for a tourist visa and not a student one. I've already received the invitation letter from the travel agency and it has the names of hotels etc. But I wasn't planning on staying in a Hotel in Moscow, rather stay with a friend of my father who still lives there. I briefly looked through the invitation letter, and on one side there are the names of the Hotels I'm staying in (I haven't booked these, they were provided by the host university), Hotel Kosmos and Acme. Do I use these Hotels as the places I am staying? I can't put down my father's friend's name, as then I'd have to apply for a private visa and not a tourist one.

Thank you in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Russian Travel Visa

How long are you going to continuously stay in Moscow?

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Russian Travel Visa

All up, just two days. Arriving on the 27/6 and leaving on the 29/6.

From Moscow I will go to St. Petersburg.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Russian Travel Visa

Then just copy the hotel info from your invitation to your application and stay at your friend's with no problem.

Technically, your application should match your visa support anyway, but if you stay at a private address for more than 7 working days then the host is supposed to register you with the Federal Migration Service which is a whole another story. But as you clearly do not fall under 7+ working days I will not even go into details.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 07:46
4. Re: Russian Travel Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 06:17