We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa for australian flying from tokyo

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
218 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
visa for australian flying from tokyo

hi everyone, i wish to fly from tokyo to khabarovsk overnight train to viadivostok and fly bak to tokyo approx 3 days in each town around sept 2014

as im an ozzie but flying out from tokyo will i need a visa and where to apply in australia or in tokyo?

also since im an travelling with my japanese friend and not with a tour group how do we obtain a letter of" introduction?"

i have read various articles in the forum but as always leave it to the experts

thanks

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa for australian flying from tokyo

Yes you both need visas. Normally you are supposed to apply in your own country but you should also inquire at the Russian consulate in Tokyo whether you can apply with them and under what conditions. As for the invitations aka visa support aka voucher and confirmation - please start with reading the visa FAQ to your right and come back with specific questions if any.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 12:46
NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa for australian flying from tokyo

If you're in Perth and not travelling until September 2014 or thereabouts, I'd advise getting your visa organised via the Russian embassy in Canberra before you go.

www.australia.mid.ru/11_e.html

3. Re: visa for australian flying from tokyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:19