We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change route after receiving Visa?

Skane County, Sweden
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Change route after receiving Visa?

Hi!

I have my Visa now, but I wonder if it possible to change route and staying longer in one city for example? Is it possible to travel wherever I want in Russia once I get the Visa as long as I travel within the set dates??

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change route after receiving Visa?

> I have my Visa now, but I wonder if it possible to change route and staying longer in one city for example?

Does your visa say anything about how long you are allowed to stay in what cities? I guess not.

> Is it possible to travel wherever I want in Russia once I get the Visa as long as I travel within the set dates??

Yes it is, with the exception of a few restricted areas where you need a special permit.

Skane County, Sweden
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change route after receiving Visa?

Hi! Thanks!

Do you which restrikted areas..? I have been researching this but couldnt find any info.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Change route after receiving Visa?

The list can be found here: http://base.garant.ru/183489/#block_1000 (use Google to translate)

Skane County, Sweden
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change route after receiving Visa?

Thankyou!

London, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change route after receiving Visa?

you can also change the dates but the most important thing - you have to leave the country on or before the expiry date of your visa.

6. Re: Change route after receiving Visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:15