We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Derbent

SLO
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Derbent

Hi,

I am wondering if someone could help me a bit with my trip planing. I am considering 2 week trip to Caucasus (Georgia, Azerbaijan) in beginning of October. Since I really like history I would also like to visit Derbent. Now I am doing some research, but not many infos are available. Could someone share some experience how to come from Azerbaijan (Baku) to Derbent. How much time I would need for trip from Baku to Derbent? How difficult is to move in Derbent (maršrutkas, taxis?). How safe is it to go to Derbent / Dagestan? Are there perhaps any day trips organized? I assume that the only major language spoken und understood is Russian. Is there anything alse around Derbent which is worth visiting? I Will be happy of any answer.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 20:13
Mentioned in this post
Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan
101 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Baku
Baku
Absheron Region, Azerbaijan
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Derbent

>> how to come from Azerbaijan (Baku) to Derbent

By train. See the schedule http://clck.ru/9GBJW (in Russian)

Mentioned in this post
Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan
101 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Baku
Baku
Absheron Region, Azerbaijan
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Derbent

i'm thinking of going myself...how was your trip? did you manage to get there ok...

3. Re: Trip to Derbent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:15