We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

Perth, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

Hi guys

I am going to Russia for the first time in October, visiting a few random cities of my choosing. I want to travel by rail and need the expert tips for my itinerary!

I'll land in Moscow and stay for a few nights, then wish to take a train to Kazan, staying 2 nights. Then onto Yekaterinburg, also staying 2 nights - then onward for a long leg to my last stop St Petersburg.

I think I know how to get from Moscow to Yekaterinburg by train. But, are there actually any direct trains from Kazan-Yekaterinburg? Can I buy these online or should I buy them from the station on the day? Will they sell out?

I am also hoping to find out the same answers to these questions regarding the Yekaterinburg-St P journey.

Thanks all in advance, please write whatever you think will help me out!

Cheers :)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
366 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

//But, are there actually any direct trains from Kazan-Yekaterinburg?

Use http://pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en for check it

For example

direct trains Kazan-Yekaterinburg

http://pass.rzd.ru/timetable/public/en?STRUCTURE_ID=704&layer_id=5354&refererLayerId=4819#dir=0|tfl=3|checkSeats=1|st0=KAZAN|code0=2060500|dt0=29.07.2014|st1=EKATERINBURG-PASSAJIRS|code1=2030000|dt1=16.07.2014

Yekaterinburg-St P

http://pass.rzd.ru/timetable/public/en?STRUCTURE_ID=704&layer_id=5354&refererLayerId=4819#dir=0|tfl=3|checkSeats=1|st0=EKATERINBURG-PASSAJIRS|code0=2030000|dt0=29.07.2014|st1=St-Petersburg|code1=2004000|dt1=16.07.2014

Google-translate will help if something is unclear.

// Can I buy these online

Yes, using the same site but only 45 days before departure

Please read

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298484-c179997/Mosco…

Zagreb, Croatia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

Hi,yes it seems best to pre purchase online but as previously advised can only be done 45 days prior to travel.

You need to use the official website as others are more expensive due to commission charges.The section from ekaterinaberg to St Petersburg is quite long so you should book 2nd class which will give you a bed in a 4 person compartment.The website is pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

>> The section from ekaterinaberg to St Petersburg is quite long

Indeed. 35+ hours. Consider a flight, as it's fast and a bit cheaper.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 09:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

in October there should not be any problems buying tickets at the stations as there will be less travellers.

Salem, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

I will like to go from MOCKBA-OKT Station to ST Petersburg for one day and come back to MOSCOM MOCKBA-OKT, How mush for two round trip, can it be done jimzilmyk@ymail.com

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

> How mush

www.rzd.ru

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

Is there any train directly traveling from Kazan to St. Petersburg?

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

www.rzd.ru - your Russian Railways official web site and ticket office, cheapest and reliable...

9. Re: Trains from Moscow-Kazan-Yekaterinburg-St Petersburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2016, 05:16