We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow to st petersburg train

mvrkpa
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Moscow to st petersburg train

Im going to be in Moscow for a week then st petersburg. I eanna take the train one way. Any suggestions on the best and fastest way? Do you need to book it in advance? Im not sure about the cost either.. any help be great. .thanks

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow to st petersburg train

I am sure you have already read this: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298484-c179997/Mosco…

Is there any information still missing?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow to st petersburg train

Once again: you can find answers to ALL your questions here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298484-c179997/Mosco…

Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow to st petersburg train

The information you need can be found in three web sites as follows

The best option is to use Russian train operator "Russian Railways". The web site is eng.rzd.ru/. There is a English version . Please look carefully to find the English version because it is obscure. This is the cheapest way to go (ie correct ticket price with no added cost such as commissions). But you have register to log in as tickets from this websites come as E-tickets, which will be sent to you by e-mail. The tickets do not come in the PDF format. The registration and a log-in is a must to reserve and buy tickets .

The other website is www.russiantrains.com/. This website is very good, and the service is excellent and prompt. But you pay around 40% more than the actual ticket price. (ie they keep a commission)

The third web site is www.trainsrussia.com/. There service, I found to be very poor. The ticket fair is about 5-10% more than actual ticket price. The customer service in my experience was poor. Tickets were not delivered in time. Few e-mail reminders had to be sent before I got the tickets only a week before the day of travel. One e-mail said that the tickets were attached. But there was no attachment. Then I wrote again. Even then I got the tickets departure/arrival cities were wrong. I wanted to go from St Petersburg to Moscow. But the tickets were issued the other way around. Just two days before the scheduled departure date, the correct tickets came. But not at the time I planed and booked (and made payments two months ago) to go.

So be careful in using this website.

4. Re: Moscow to st petersburg train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:17