We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express to Russia train tickets

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Express to Russia train tickets

Hi there

I am about to buy train tickets for the Trans-Mongolian railway. The Express to Russia website is really easy to use and the staff seem helpful, but I'm a little cautious because noone on the forums seems to have used them before and I can't find reviews elsewhere. I know they are helpful and the prices are good, it just seems too good to be true - is there a catch? Has anyone bought train tickets from them before?

I know this has been asked before but the posts are a few years old so I was wondering whether anyone had used them since!

Taylor

Mentioned in this post
Russia
Russia
Europe
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Express to Russia train tickets

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298484-c179997/Mosco…

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Express to Russia train tickets

PS

> the prices are good

I just checked their prices for a random train - their markup is 37 to 48%. In what twisted universe is that good?

Edited: 19 August 2014, 05:01
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Express to Russia train tickets

Thanks for your help! Yes I see they are more expensive than buying from a local website but they are still much much cheaper than a travel agent (at least a NZ travel agent, possibly that isn't a good indication).

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Express to Russia train tickets

I will consider starting a travel agency in NZ.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Express to Russia train tickets

Really, for trains in Russia the website is the only - www.rzd.ru Has some English, can be google-translated, shows real-time seat availability and real prices. Compare for yourself, please.

Mentioned in this post
Russia
Russia
Europe
6. Re: Express to Russia train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:16