We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good accommodation in Budva?

Wellington, NZ
9 posts
Save Topic
Good accommodation in Budva?

Can anyone recommend good accommodation in Budva, Montenegro? We (2 adults) will be there in May and would like a B&B or home stay close to the beaches/town. Thanks kindly.

las vegas
Level Contributor
57 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good accommodation in Budva?

I would reccomend Petrovac instead of Budva. Budva is too kitschy.

Sorry, I don't have any reccomendations for lodging, but if you can, stay in the Old city. Good luck.

London
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Good accommodation in Budva?

If you arrive at the bus station, there should be some women meeting the bus offering rooms ("sobe") (although May is still really the off season, there should be some). It's best to learn a few words of Serbo-Croatian to negotiate a price per night, but you may have difficulty finding more information about the place before actually going with them to look at it. If you were travelling in July or August I would suggest not staying in the old town as it is very noisy at night (music from the clubs, etc.), but in May it may not be so bad. I have in the past used a travel agent called Astakos (astakos@eunet.yu or astakos@cg.yu) to book a room ahead of time, you might want to try them as they speak English and should meet you on arrival.

Budva
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good accommodation in Budva?

Try this:

http://www.adriatic-tour.com/

Online reservation system and unofficial guide to Montenegro

Cambs
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good accommodation in Budva?

Just visited the Adriatic-Tours website - not terribly user friendly - nice pictures of the towns, but no actual listings of the accommodation available ! There is a field to 'enter your code' but as to what that code is, is a complete mystery - I've tried towns, hotel names and star ratings, none of which have brought any results. Perhaps the Serbian/Croatian version has more instructions ?