We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Sveti Stefan

DEVON
7 posts
Save Topic
Staying in Sveti Stefan

I am plannning to stay in an apartment in Sveti Stefan (but not on the island) for two weeks end of May. Are there plenty of bars/restaraunts close by, plenty to see and do, and what is the transport like to visit places nearby.Cost of eating & drinking and taxi from tivat airport. Any information on the place would help!

DEVON
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying in Sveti Stefan

As far as I am aware there is a good ferry service all the way down the coast from Dubrovnik to most of the Montenegro towns on the coast. I am staying in BUDVA and plan to trip up to Dubrovnik for a couple of days. Best of luck!

Or why not try Dublin Heathrow and then Heathrow Tivat.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Staying in Sveti Stefan

We stayed in Petrovac last summer and used "In Montenegro "based in Podgorica to arrange our transfer and hotel. We flew into Dubrovnic and had a taxi to take us the 2 hour journey. Sveti Stefan would be a slightly shorter journey.I forget the actual cost but it wasn't very much. If you contact them I am sure they will be able to help you as one of the managers speaks English.

This is their web site

www.inmontenegro.com .

We had a great time in Montenegro and there is a good bus service just like Turkey if you have been there so we didn't hire a car. The roads aren't that good and we saw lots of cars with dents in them.

Enjoy your hoilday in Montenegro. We did.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Staying in Sveti Stefan

Hi gingernut,

I'm afraid we had to get a taxi from Dubrovnik to Sveti stefan. There was a daily bus service but no matter how hard we tried we couldnt confirm details before we left for Dubrovnik and it was a matter of my husband going to the bus station the day after we got there to enquire as to the times. In the end we had a very dodgy mexican the night before we were due to leave and you can guess the rest. I was fine but I didnt think my new husband was up to a 2 hour bus journey with a change at Budva so we hired a taxi through our hotel. The first quote was €200 but after batting my eyelashes at the very handsome male receptionist he got a car to take us for €100. We had though about using one of the coach tours to get us there but they cost around €40 pp so we wouldnt have saved very much. If you have any more questions I'll check back in this forum for the next few days. Enjoy!

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Staying in Sveti Stefan

Hi Gingernut 1

We travelled from Dubrovnic Airport last June to Petrovac by taxi for 35 Euros each way using "In Montenegro" Travel Agency based in Podgorica.

This is their site.

www.inmontenegro.com .

Regards

Mike

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Staying in Sveti Stefan

Hey Mike,

that was a good price, I guess i should have batted my eyelashes a little more!

england
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Staying in Sveti Stefan

Hello Gingernut,

I had the same problem last month but decided to use the bus service.

The bus station in Dubrovnik is in Gruz. The airport shuttle bus will take you to it.

I never managed to get my hands on a timetable but you can call

the bus station on 00385 60 305 070 or 00385 20 357 020 and they'll tell you the times of the buses.

The bus from Dubrovnik to Budva costs 113.30kuna one way, which is a lot cheaper than a taxi. It only took me half an hour longer than my friends who went a day earlier in a taxi for 90 euros. I would recommend it!

You can ask at the station in Budva for return buses as they didn't seem to have any timetables either!

From Budva, you could get a taxi for approx. 10 euros to Sveti Stefan. There are plenty of taxis outside the bus station or there are the 1 Euro shuttle buses that other people have mentioned although I'm not sure where they go from.

Hope this is of help to you.

We really enjoyed our holiday there. Hope you will too.

New York, NY
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Staying in Sveti Stefan

Hi there Fifty...I'm actually also coming to Sveti Stefan in July, or will at least try to, and it looks like I will also have to land in Dubrovnik and somehow make my way there.

I was there last summer and took a bus from Dubrovnik to Igalo, and I remember that this bus left from the main bus station, near Pile or something like that, at 7AM and 10AM. This bus would then keep on going past Igalo to Budva, Tivat etc and I'm sure it stops there if you ask the busdriver.

Would you let me know if anyone has been able to pass along to you the time table for busses??? Maybe it's changed since then.

Next week, I will probably call the tourist info place in Dubrovnik to see if they can tell me over the phone...and if I'm sucessful I'll make sure to post it here :)

All the best!

Anita

18. Re: Staying in Sveti Stefan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 18:21