We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ostrog mountain....

lawrence kansas
3 posts
Save Topic
Ostrog mountain....

Christ is risen!!....we want to come to Osrog montain and see the wonder worker Basil....dose any one know this monastary and the monks there?...my e-mail is orthodoxlove@yahoo.com...thank you and i`m from usa ..and talk english.....+ + +

Belgrade
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ostrog mountain....

Hallo to you,

as far as I know, the woman from Belgrade who did a monography of the monastery (some historian of art, I don't rebember the name) made a conclusion, after having done the monography, that this is the most visited ortodox christian sanctuary in the world. It is not only visited on some special days, but literarily ALLWAYS! And not only from the ortodoxs, but also from moslems, catolics and so on. Now, there is though a special day, when there's the biggest krowd pilgrims in the monastery, that's the day of the Holy Basil of the Ostog. It was on the 12th of May this year.

Now, sthg about the trip to the monastery. It depends on your decision whether you want to visit only the monastery, or sthe else in Montenegro/Serbia as well. If you only want to go there, you can fly to Podgorica, and then rent some car heading to the town Niksic, ant then to the mountin.

There are numerous stories about the miracles that happened there...

If U need some more info, do not hesitate to contact me!

BR,

Slavica

lawrence kansas
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ostrog mountain....

thanks for your help...i would like to ask you more if you have time ...my e-mail is orthodoxlove@yahoo.com micheal

Belgrade
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ostrog mountain....

Hi michael,

I tried to contact U, but your yahoo e-mail appears to be incorrect!

Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Ostrog mountain....

hello mike

i know u want to see ostrog. it's very good for you. i hope you will have a good jurney there. your sis, Raluca (from Romania)

5. Re: Ostrog mountain....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Serbia