We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Connection Time at BEG

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Connection Time at BEG

We are looking at flying with Air Serbia in October from Sarajevo to Frankfurt, changing planes in Belgrade, but both flights are with Air Serbia with only a 55 minute connection. Is that enough time? If we have to go through Immigration/Customs that does not seem to be enough time. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Connection Time at BEG

Not experience directly, but are those connecting flights or two separate? If connecting, they will (should) make sure it works out. But I would also recommend you contact the company directly and get some advice. The last time I flew (in April), many flights were delayed by more than an hour and others were waiting for passengers (and calling them) long after the planes should've left. And since it's not a huge airport, you could technically get it. IF they say it's ok as they usually close check-in (for international flights) about an hour before a flight.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Connection Time at BEG

srdjanlcanic, They are different flight numbers, but both with Air Serbia.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Connection Time at BEG

The difference is - will you travel in your own arrangement, buying to separate tickets on your own, or did the company give you this arrangement for your trip from Sarajevo to Frankfurt? If it's them, they will make sure you make the second flight. If not, you should contact them and ask them if they can guarantee you the second flight will wait if necessary. You should also check when will the check-in for the second flight close. If it's before you are even scheduled to arrive, it's pointless. And as it takes time to get to the building after landing, then to pick up your luggage (I believe it took me 15-20 min the last time), then through the customs, rushing to the check-in.. Even without any delays in your first flight, it would be to risky to just.. risk it. I think the best you can do is to contact the company directly and try to work something out.

All international flights require you to be at the airport at least two (even 3) hours before the flight and the check-in usually closes 1 hour before departure time. Could be 30 for some flights, but a flight to EU and a major hub...

Ok, I've just check the airport site () and it says check-in will open 2 hours before the flight, but the closing time depends on the airliner. Unfortunately, the website for Air Serbia (http://www.airserbia.com/) doesn't say anything, so it would be best if you contact them (airserbia.com/en-rs/sales-offices-call-center).

Good luck!

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
79 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Connection Time at BEG

Make sure you get boarding passes for both flights and that your luggage is checked in all the way to Frankfurt.

After that it's pretty easy:

Belgrade Airport has only one International Terminal, and you will not be going through customs .

All you have to do is stay in the Transit Area, and double-check your exit number for the second flight.

55 minutes is enough time.

Ever since they teamed up with Etihad, Air Serbia is working hard on establishing itself as a leader in the region, and because they are the carrier for both flights, they will make sure that their passengers get to their connecting flight in time.

5. Re: Airport Connection Time at BEG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:17