We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

England
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

Are there pubs in Belgrade that show football live on television from the European champions league if there are please let me know . i know there is a pub called the Three Carrots that used to show football games do you know of the pub have you been in it if you have let me know about it

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

Hi Westpoint

I know the pub, but I've not seen football there. It's an Irish Pub and not very big. That said I have only been a couple of times.

I expect it's a case of pot luck. If you are in the city centre, just wander around checking out a few places.

The Belgrade Old Tavern (opposite Toma bakery) might show it. The walk between the two is only 10 mins and it could be that you'll stumble across somewhere else. The Jelen Pivo place opposite Hotel Moskva is another possibility. It's just three doors down from the Tavern.

Also, as you enter the start of Knezmijilova, the street behind

The Russian Tsar (don't know it's name) has a number of small bars and pubs. Young crowd so another possible all in walking distance, that's only 200yds from the Tavern.

Worst scenario, you'll mis the football but try a dozen pubs!!! Could be worse?

Have Fun

Stoofer

England
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

With the Serbian player Nemanja Vidic playing for Manchester United is it possible they will show the English FA Cup final on the 19th of May on television in Belgrade again names of football pubs please

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

It will be on television in peoples homes, regardless of Vidic.

However the pub culture in Belgrade is different to here, lads don't necessarily go down the 'pub' to watch football in the same way. Hopefully a local football supporter and pub goer can assist further with this.....

The local football clubs are bound to have a wide screen and bar going but if you are just a visitor, I doubt you'll get in.

Good luck with this

Stoofer

England
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

Thank you for the information Stooferuk

Liverpool
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

So how much is the standard cost of a large beer in Belgrade?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

Good draft beer in the center will cost about 100 dinars for 1/2 litre.

That includes main streets and pubs.

That's about £1 per pint. Jelen Pivo on draught is the best IMO but there are other good ones.

Some pavement cafes will charge a premium but not like in Paris. Expect to pay double that in a trendy street setting with waiter service, such as by the theatre or on Knezmijilova.

Back streets and outside the centre will be cheaper.

Stoofer.

7. Re: Pubs In Belgrade That Show Football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Belgrade