We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Working in serbia or montenegro

UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Working in serbia or montenegro

Hello,

I am a graduate looking to travel around Eastern europe starting off in serbia. I was wondering how easy it is to get casual bar work or other similar jobs in belgrade or down on the tourist coast in montenegro. Obviously the wages will be a lot less than in the UK but will the pay be enough to rent accommodation?

Thanks very much!

Louise

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Working in serbia or montenegro

I think that you would stand more chance teaching English, but as there is a high level of unemployment in both Serbia and Montenegro I think you are going to struggle.

Good luck with your travels.

Belgrade
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Working in serbia or montenegro

Hi Louise

I am from Belgrade. It is very difficult to find good job here. Maybe some international company....

For sure, salary is not enough for living!!!

Good luck

Gorana

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Working in serbia or montenegro

Hi Louise

For Belgrade, forget the idea unless you speak fluent Serbian, even then the wages will be very low. I think the locals could do without us taking their few jobs in any event.

Do visit Belgrade though, it's a great city. You'll have a ball in summer particularly.

Stoofer

4. Re: Working in serbia or montenegro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 10:23