We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it worth visiting Belgrade?

Batroun, Lebanon
Level Contributor
14 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
is it worth visiting Belgrade?

hey, I've been to Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Istanbul and Bratislava and i'd like to know if Belgrade offers anything different from theses European cities. Is it worth visiting? i have only 4 days off of my studies and i want to go somewhere in Europe. is Belgrade a waste of time and money or is it worth spending my vacation in ? 10x

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,465 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

The cities you have visited are very fine indeed, though apart from Istanbul very diluted by tourism, you've been to some classics for architecture but perhaps not much local culture in evidence for a casual visitor..

Belgrade is a waste of time if you want to visit a tourist friendly theme park but if you want to visit a great city full of history & culture, undiluted by tourism then it will be very rewarding.

If you go to Spain do you visit Benidorm or Cordoba? If it's the latter, as an inquisitive visitor you should find it interesting. In Belgrade the attraction is not fine architecture or displays of wealth, it's the people, food and culture, the atmosphere etc.. The position on the confluence of Save & Danube rivers with parks and cafe society lends itself well for a relaxing break. But go in good weather as it's very cold in winter, when the parks, river splavs and cafes are in full swing outside is time to visit..

My concern would be that if you have to ask if it's a waste of time it might well be for you as you need to research and ask more specifics that appeal to you..

Heres some basic info.: www.belgradeeye.com

Stoofer

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
435 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

Stoofer, said it all VERY well.....I personally think ANY new travel experience is never a waste of time nor money, just a gain of knowlegde and broader horizon ! Come in the spring, summer or fall wear comfortable sneakers as Belgrade is a wonderful city for walking ! I am sure you will not be dissapointed, please let us know the outcome !

Batroun, Lebanon
Level Contributor
14 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

10x guys! that s what i needed to know ! I needed to make sure belgrade is different than all the other cities bcz i feel like all the cities ive been to are kinda the same and honestly i feel like falling into routine!! I think i will be visiting belgrade this spring !!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,465 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

Look forward to hearing about your experience, if you want more detailed tips nearer the visit, do post here.

Stoofer

Belgrade
Level Contributor
508 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

Belgrade is definitely different that cities you mentioned and worth visiting!

Belgrade
Level Contributor
508 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

Belgrade is definitely different that cities you mentioned and worth visiting!

Beograd
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

Belgrade is very Good experience

check this if you ever go there

www.apartmanitaurus.com

most cheapest appartments ever. 30 euros for 2 persons..

Detroit, Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

Man, so you do not know then what a good time.

Night life is your best in Belgrade than any other city in Europe. Rafts, discos, restaurants ... You do not know what you missed in life.

Young people in Serbia like a good time and happy to share it with strangers.

Check first if you need a visa. Some may enter with an ID card. Official web site where you can check the http://www.mfa.gov.rs/Srpski/indexs.htm.

Me and my friends still love the most: koznazna.com/putovanja/…visa_regime.html

We have learned some say on this site.

Go, spend it and let us know how it was.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

"Is it worth visiting Belgrade? "

Ooooooh yeah. You can choose a variety of things to do for those four days you are spending in Belgrade. Some ideas you can find here.

http://www.expatserbia.com/enjoy-serbia

Enjoy!!!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is it worth visiting Belgrade?

Belgrade is indeed very different from Prague and Budapest, and much cheaper! Don´t forget to chat with the locals, you will be intrigued with their stories about life in Belgrade and Serbia.

Get answers to your questions about Belgrade
Recent Conversations