We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jat current situation

Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
693 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Jat current situation

I know this may not be the right forum to ask about planes, but I'd like to know if someone who lives in Belgrade and/or Serbia can give me some infos from there.

What's happening to Jat airways right now? Problems? Cancellations? Any info is welcome!

I'll be in Sarajevo + Belgrade in two weeks and I'll fly with Jat. I purchased Milano - Sarajevo though Belgrade on Jat website and so far it seems to be ok. I'd like to fly from Sarajevo to Belgrade with them, too, but I haven't bought my ticket yet. For my return trip I bought Belgrade - Milano on Alitalia website, since the flight is codesharing but operated by Jat. This morning I got a call from Alitalia saying Jat cancelled my flight to Milano. The call of this morning worried me a bit... so I'm looking for more news.

Thx everybody for any kind of help! :)

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jat current situation

Sorry I'm not up todate on what's going on now if a particular problem, I can only say the Belgrade London route has always been fine and I use it regularly, maybe once a month. Flew last week into UK now, going back out in a couple of weeks. I like the JAT service.

Every airline has occasional cancellations, you really need to sort out with your agent or where you purchased the ticket iMO

Good luck

Stoofer

Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
693 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jat current situation

Thank you very much for your answer. Your positive feedback on Jat makes me feel better, hopefully it was just an occasional cancellation. Lets see what happens in the next two days before my departure...

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jat current situation

One thing with JAT, they have always been very flexible and helpful on the phone lines at reservations. Changing flights, names, booking seats etc.

They have old aircraft but the customer service when booking is very good.

I haven't experienced a cancellation but if one occurs I would *think* they will help rearrange quite well...... that's only a guess of course :-o

Stoofer

Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
693 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jat current situation

Btw, I wrote it wrong in my post... I'll leave in two weeks not in two days. :D

Hopefully everything will go smoothly, I agree with you about the customer service. They were very nice with me and offered me a couple of options that I'm considering, even if any of them it's totally ok for me. But it's what they have available, I can't blame them for it.

5. Re: Jat current situation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2013, 10:16